Gait Belt for Elderly
The Doty Belt Lift Assist Harness was created by a California fire captain to provide patient and caregiver safety, while preserving patient dignity and well-being. This gait belt for elderly or disabled patients is much safer than standard gait belts.
The ergonomic advantage the Doty Belt provides for lifting, transferring and maneuvering elderly, heavy, and bariatric patients reduces the risk of back injury for caregivers and increases security for patients. This is a patient lifting device developed with both the patient and the lifter in mind.
The Doty Belt stitching has been tensile tested up to 1,700 lbs. Whether it is moving an elderly person or assisting them to walk, picking up people that are in a difficult situation, aiding a person in physical therapy, this tool gives first responders, caregivers and physical therapy workers, the ability to lift, transfer and assist a person in a safe, manageable way.
- Easy to apply
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Polyester webbing for easy cleaning
- Rubber handles for comfort
- Steel “D” rings for strength
- Can be used as a gait belt for elderly with or without using the leg straps
- Leg and waist straps can easily be secured and adjusted
- Handles allow for a comfortable and secure grip
- Provides additional leverage when lifting or transferring
Comes in 3 sizes:
- Small – waist circumference of 17-40″
- Regular – up to 45″
- Large – up to 80″
This is the strongest and safest gait belt for elderly, weak or disabled persons, the Doty Belt Lift Assist Harness has everything you need to save your back and keep the patient safe while walking, transferring, or helping to lift up after a fall.
We have a preferred status with the vendor so are able to offer you the absolute lowest pricing on the internet for this item.
Made in the USA.