Obi™ is the first teachable robotic device that blends cutting-edge robotics, elegant design, intuitive controls and personality. This creates an enjoyable and dignified dining experience for those who are unable to eat on their own.
- Obi benefits people of all ages living with conditions affecting the upper extremities.
- Ideal for patients with ALS, amputation, arthritis, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, neuromuscular conditions, Parkinson’s, spinal injury, and stroke.
- Obi creates a more empowering, traditional, and dignified dining experience by allowing the diner to control food selection and pace of eating.
- Users need the cognitive capability to operate a simple machine, as well as the physical ability to chew and swallow without choking.
- Weighs 7.4 lbs (3.4 kg) which makes it easy to take Obi™ to school, restaurants, and other public places where dining occurs.
- Dimensions are 12″ wide x 17″ long (30 x 43cm). Folds down to 6″ (15cm) tall. Arm extends to a maximum height of 17″ (43cm).
- Powered by a rechargeable battery that offers 2-4 hours of service.
- Plate, placemat, and spoons are microwave and dishwasher safe.
- Class I medical device.
- Obi™ includes: 1 Set of (2) electrical switches, 1 plate, 1 placemat, 1 small spoon, 1 large spoon, 1 charging cable, and user manual.